Who is he and why should you listen...
- At 12 years of age started a grocery business with brothers and sisters.
- Carpet Cleaning business
- Mobile Car Wash
- Sold t-shirts that changed colors according to body temperature
- Made and sold buttons and key chains
Helping Others Through Entrepreneurship
- Helped daughters (9 and 12 yrs old) start a button business
- Helped other daughter start a candy business at age 6
- Now helping my 4 year old with assuming the candy business
- Helped wife start her nonprofit organization helping youth learn entrepreneurial skills
- Helped over 200 women receive information to start and/or grow their business
- Helped over 25 businesses through a small business loan fund that I managed
- Helped over 7,000 individuals, companies, organizations either start, operate or grow their business since 2004
- Operates a small business center at a university
- Raised over 1 million dollars to help entrepreneurs
- Reaches over 15,000 per year via email newsletter, social media, community events, writing for the Baltimore Business Journal and hosting a weekly entrepreneurial radio workshop
- Real Estate
- Auto Repair, failed
- Consulting business, business plan development
- Magazine company
- Media Company
- Multiple attempts in Network Marketing
- Coaching others on growing a successful venture
People who he helped
I'm looking forward to working with you this upcoming semester on your vision to help youth become entrepreneurs, best of luck and thank you for being so passionate.
--Joshua Bush, Morgan State University Student and Social Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurship in General
Congratulations Omar! This is wonderful and major! You are always progressing and moving forward. Thank you for keeping us informed and inspired to reach the next level. By the way, I just celebrated 4 years in business (www.SoSerene Salon.com) thanks to you and the Entrepreneurial Development & Assistance Center (EDAC)!
--Carla Williams, So Serene Salon
Thanks again for continuing to educate, encourage, and empower small busines owners that this thing (entrepreneurship) is possible!
--Jade Greer, K Staton Boutique
entrepreneurship in the community.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [74.4 KB]